Pink is the new green.
Yes, I know.
Fel fire is green. Not red. Not orange. And certainly not the gnomishly cheerful shade of pink I’ve chosen to accent my fledgling WordPress blog.
But here’s the thing: I like pink. Green may be the color of fire, but pink? Pink is the color of souls. (Don’t believe me? I have 32 right here to show you! Careful with that one on top, though. It was a fire elemental until about two minutes ago, so it might be a little hot to the touch…)
Seriously. Some of my very favorite things are pink:
- Spellstones (Technically, spellstones are blue. With pink sparkles. But for 1% extra DoT damage and spell haste, who cares?)
- Alexstrasza on a snow day
- Paladin T5
- Tempest Keep and those frenetic dragonhawks (i.e., SoC bait) that wiped us more times than A’lar and Solarian combined
- Illusion Dust, Arcane Dust and other pretty sparklies that still sell suprisingly well on Auction House, in spite of their general out-dated-ness
- That spellpower mace (Yes, that spellpower mace. The one that dropped every! single! time! my guild did Mount Hyjal, until every priest, paladin and druid in the raid had been inducted into the Lollipop Brigade and our enhancement shaman was dual-wielding two.)
- One of my favorite WoW bloggers, who I adore in spite of the fact that she’s both a gnome and a mage (/hiss)
And if all of that wasn’t enough, what color is the cascade of demonic energy that I call forth everytime I summon an imp, felhunter, succubus or dreadsteed from the abyss?
Yes, that’s right.