Potential Warlock changes for 3.1
“Potential,” because this is both (1) incredibly vague, especially on the final two bullet points, and (2) subject to change.
- Improved Shadow Bolt – this talent now provides a 5% spell critical strike buff (similar to Improved Scorch).
- Improved Soul Leech – this talent now provides Replenishment (similar to shadow priests).
- Drain Soul now has a chance to produce Soul Shards even if the target doesn’t die.
- Siphon Life no longer is an active ability but the talent grants the old Siphon Life effect to Corruption.
- Curse of Recklessness and Curse of Weakness have been combined into one spell.
- Consume Shadows – this Voidwalker ability is no longer channeled but has a cooldown.
- Several other warlock talents have had their ranks reduced, their effects changed or removed. This list includes but is not limited to Demonic Empathy, Shadow Embrace, Eradication, Suppression, and Pandemic.
- Additional new talents have been added.
Personally, the last two are my favorites. They seem to suggest that warlocks will be getting a much-needed (and long-promised) overhaul for 3.1. At this point, any attention is better than no attention at all.
I’ll respond more fully later. I’m stuck at work on what is supposed to be a vacation day, so I suppose I’d better get to it so I can leave. Boyfriend and I have tickets to the Lion King tonight!