Posts tagged ‘Blog’
So I don’t know why your Google Search is bringing you here! At least tell me you didn’t click I’m Feeling Lucky. Please?)
… Oh, the words? I said I’ve never used them together in a blogpost, and I don’t want to make a liar of myself (or disappoint anyone who might stumble across me searching for them!).
How about a riddle, instead?
- Compound word, opposite of “casual”;
- One more than single, one less than triple; and
- Something I never gem for in PvP! (Although if I really wanted to, I suppose I’d use a Stormy Sky Sapphire).
Some other recent searches that make me /boggle:
crazy rabbit lady
do not want
paladin shirt rank 11
blood elf naked
omg drama killed my guild
your subscription to life has expired
…is a jerkface
And my personal favorite!
kologarn want hug
I’d never thought of him quite like that before. Poor Kologarn. He’s starved for affection and we’re walking on his face. 😦
WoW Insider crits Fel Fire for 7,999.
… Did I mention I’m OCD? /twitch
This was an Actual Conversation®:
Keaton: Yes, my love?
(He really talks like that, hopeless romantic that he is.)
Me: Guess how many hits I got yesterday?
Him: … um …
(I’m guessing he heard the shrill note of panic in my voice, because he’s usually much more articulate than this.)
Me: Seven thousand, nine hundred and NINETY NINE.
Him: Oh, god.
Him: Quick! Change the timezone on your WordPress account and I’ll view it so we can get one more hit—
Me: (flailing) NO! I’m still linked at WI. What if someone else looks at it and we overshoot? 7,999 is bad, but 8,003 would be a DISASTER.
Him: Hm, that’s true. Can you live with 7,999?
Me: … I don’t know. ;.;
(I’m really lucky to have him.)
flying cats on a farm
I’m not sure what scares me the most.
The fact that someone actually typed these words into a search engine …
… or that they brought them to my blog?
Ashellia is a soft-soken, fashion-conscious Female Human Paladin.
She is also the in-game alter ego of Aldoyle: a brand-new, introspective and potentially brilliant (after all of four posts, it’s probably too soon to tell; but I love what I’ve read so far!) new voice in healing, raiding, blogging and paladin(ing?) community. I’ve never done a “spotlight” post before — I’m so new to this myself that anyone who stumbled into my little corner of the Nether is likely to read everyone that I do, too! — but I definitely wanted to share this one.
Some of Aldoyle’s recent posts include:
- His thoughts about using focus frames and macros to facilitate healing;
- a unique and interesting perspective on 10-man Sartharion 3D as a bootstrap;
- Confessions of a Twilight Vanquisher; and, of course,
- the obligatory and somewhat nostalgic introductory post.
So … write moar, pls. 😉
I have no idea what an “honest scrap” is — other than an award-styled meme that’s making the rounds of the Blogosphere, of course. Google wasn’t particularly helpful in solving this mystery … but an Images search did retrieve this colorful picture! Which I like enough to repost, even though it’s completely random (or maybe because it’s completely random? I’m in a contrary mood today.)
Whatever these brightly colored somethings are (yarn? baskets? shape-shifting aliens plotting an Easter invasion?), at least we know they’re honest.
Anyway, I was nominated for this mysteriously-named Honest Scrap Award twice! First, by the only mage I wouldn’t cheerfully feed to my felhunter — the inimitable Larísa, of The Pink Pigtail Inn — and then again by the Holy Paladin who is also epic loot, Kyrilean of Casual Hardcore.
To quote the meme itself:
This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.
Aww, you shouldn’t have. Really. It’s enough to make a Succubus blush— …
Oh, wait. Zigmat reminds me to read the fine print. (Leave it to the imp to remember the contract!) Apparently, there are a few conditions …
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real. (I would never presume to call Larísa “misguided.” Kyrliean … well, he did just join Amber‘s guild, so his sanity was somewhat in doubt to begin with.)
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. (My epic yarn icon is better. Just sayin’.)
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on! (Honest? … but, I’m a warlock! I don’t do honest!)
… But I’ll try. For you. ❤
- I love animals and have been involved in rescue for most of my adult life. Both of my cats and one of my (four!) dogs were adopted from the euthanasia list at the county pound, including this little monster — who was scheduled to be put down because he was deemed “too aggressive.” Corsair was six months-old when I saved him, and is seven years-old now, not to mention the brattiest marshmallow of an attention-whoring cat you’ll ever meet. He’s also a Sun Devils fan. (Can you tell?)
- I may or may not have had a small crush on Lieutenant-Commander Worf.
- I may or may not have transferred said crush to the myriad of characters that Michael Dorn voiced in Disney’s The Gargoyles.
- Speaking of The Gargoyles, my best friend and I dubbed one of our high school classmates Owen, because he looked exactly like The Gargoyles’ character of the same name. It wasn’t long before the entire sophomore class was calling him Owen instead of Bryce … but to this day, Alexis and I are the only ones who understand why it was absolutely freakin’ hilarious that he landed the role of Puck in our English class’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- Continuing the geekgirl theme: I love the X-Men! Rogue, especially. Even though it broke my heart, X-Men #45 remains my favorite issue of all time.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, but work as a financial analyst for a major foodservice distributor.
- I hate numbers, which makes #6 so painfully ironic that I want to /cry at least once a day.
- On a WoW-related note, I still use my Dreadsteed at level 80. I’m fiercely proud of my Armani War Bear — but nothing says ‘lock quite like a flaming hellhorse.
- My 10-year high school reunion is at the end of May. I really don’t want to go. But … Owen might be there? /waffle
- I’ve read Black Beauty fifty million times. At least. I never did learn how to ride (in spite of living more or less “in the country” now), but I never quite outgrew that horse-crazy phase that all little girls go through, either. I wrote a flurry of furious letters to the local newspapers and TV stations the year that the Gila River tribes rounded up their mustangs by helicopter and sold them to slaughter … but no one thought it was a story worth covering. I will adopt a BLM mustang, someday.
And there you have it! Ten random but honest (really) things about me.
I have an unwritten rule against tagging specific bloggers to perpetuate memes, so I’m going to compromise with myself and simply list seven blogs that I really enjoy. Don’t feel obligated to participate (if you don’t want to, that is; if you want to, go for it!), but know that you are read and appreciated.
- Birdfall, of Letters from Birdfall and The Family Business. She’s a professional writer, and it shows; everything she posts is beautifully written! Her personal blog is a fun read, with content that ranges from delightfully snarky to insightful to unabashedly girly (“For Pretty Dresses,” anyone?), and her guild blog — a collaborative effort — is unique in that it deals with leading a family-type guild and the specific challenges that engenders.
- Miss Elf of … Miss Elf, of course! … who browses the official forums so we don’t have to. ❤
- Tessy of Reflections from the Pond. Tessy is one of my weekend reads, since her site is blocked at work and I can only see the first few lines of each post in my feedreader. Her content is endlessly varied: she writes about a little of everything — all of it interesting, and empathetic. Definitely one of my favorites (and many thanks to Larísa for promoting her a few weeks back!).
- I’m sure she’s been nominated already, but I’ve recently fallen in love with the antics of that feline fatale: Secret Agent Cat (aka Tigerfeet!). Her humor, honesty and sheer exuberance make her blog an absolute joy to read.
- Speaking of druids … Karthis Of Teeth and Claws provides excellent relationship advice. No, really. He translates Feral Druid into English Orcish so I can trick my boyfriend into thinking I’m not a complete idiot when he tries to talk tank. (I’ve heard that Karthis makes a mean hardboiled egg, too, but photographic evidence suggests otherwise. >.>)
- Aleathea of Hearthstone is a relatively new addition to my feedreader and blogroll. I find her roleplay-flavored posts especially inspirational, and she has some great ideas for future topics as well.
- Finally, Honorshammer of Honor’s Code is one of those writers who doesn’t just tell you what he’s thinking or doing in-game; he shows you, by letting you right into his head to experience it with him. I won’t presume to know him, because I don’t — but after following his blog for several months, I feel that I know part of him. And that part is short, loyal and wields a mean hammer.
Is that seven already? I have 146 subscriptions in my Feedreader, so limiting the list to seven is hard. I apologize to anyone I may have inadvertently neglected. Like I said, I usually don’t name names … but I got a bit of a thrill out of seeing mine come up in two other blogposts, and wanted to pass that on in some small way.
I realize this is a very unwarlocky thing to say, but I think you’re all awesome.
EDIT: I lied. (In a meme about honesty, no less!) I was actually tagged three times — but I almost didn’t notice because the moment I read “Spacegoats are win,” I thought of Anea. Who is win.
Thanks, Amber. I almost feel bad about using you to poke at Kyrilean’s sanity now.
… by the fact that Scarlett O’Hara and roulette wheel are in my top 5 searches!
I’m in training-the-new-guy mode at work, so I haven’t been able to keep up with updates, comments or even my feedreader, let alone experiment with Twitter. I’m semi-/afk this week. (But giggling! Personally, I would have pictured Scarlett as a mage.)
That’s a fun game to play at work, by the way. If the new guy were a WoW character, what would he be? I’m leaning towards Troll priest at the moment.
Ahhh, he’s back. **Elleiras gains vanish!**
naked world of warcraft succubus
Really? I mean, REALLY?!
Whoever you are, I’m very disappointed in you … all three of you.